Responsible for creation and maintenance of Standards and technical support ultimately leading to positive outcomes in engineering, fabrication, installation and customer operation; incorporating best practices, sound business ethics and conforming to our published policies and procedures.
Director of Engineering
- B.S.M.E. Degree preferred.
- Must have minimum ten years plus technical experience in conveyor design, engineering, manufacturing, and installation methods as well as skills necessary to lead and mentor technical professionals.
- Must be able to teach and mentor technical professionals.
- Provide expertise and assist in investigation of deficient or non-compliant equipment, assemblies, and components.
- Perform or assist in material and weld inspections, testing, analysis and documentation.
- Report all Engineering non-conformances to the Director of Engineering.
- Maintain a Group Task list delineating currently active product standard projects.
- Host, participate and document regularly scheduled Standards Committee meetings.
- Control the status, safe keeping and revision status of product standards including but not limited to Syteline data, standard ABMs, A-drawings, standard product details and assemblies, standard drawing indexes, casting histories and schedules, Engineering Change Notice implementation and documentation, and the issuance of standards within our company.
- Provide Computer Aided Engineering facility as a resource to DMW groups, regarding engineering analyses such as Finite Element Analysis and explanation, fastener analysis, and chain pull analysis.
- Work with third party testing laboratories in the analysis of parts/materials to arrive at a root cause analysis.
- Manage various intranet resources, such as: Engineering Journal, Engineering Bulletins, and Source Compliance Journal.
- Lead the development of new products and projects as approved by the President including design, concept proposal, calculations, and related cost estimates.
- Provide technical expertise, design support and troubleshooting as needs arise, before, during or after customer startup.
- Provide assistance in root cause analysis, FMEA processes and manage third party consultants.
- Engage and mentor new engineers.
- Oversee Engineering Conformance Review Process.
- Help selected out-source suppliers meet DMW quality goals for parts and materials and achieve product compliance to standards, codes, and design intention.
- Communicate DMW needs, provide engineering design review, product inspection and compliance analysis, and help maintain approved supplier list.
- Forging and Casting Product Manager whereas working with foundries, machine shops and heat treaters to assure compliance to DMW specification for Steel, Ductile Iron, and Austempered-Ductile-Iron products as heavily used in DMW Free Trolleys and other carrier components.
- Maintain an approved product and price matrix comparing the cost between domestic and goods from China.
"*" indicates required fields