DEARBORN MID-WEST COMPANY, dba Dearborn Contracting Company, Southgate, MI
Dearborn Mid-West Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Superintendent - Construction
Responsible for the general oversight of the installation of all Construction projects.
- Must have eight to ten years working in the field trades.
- Must have experience in fast track automotive projects.
- Must have good communication skills to deal with the company’s Project Managers & the customer’s representative.
- Review job with Project Manager (know schedule and Job number).
- Set up site reporting system (work with Project Manager).
- Determine number of men needed. Review with Project Manager.
- Order equipment.
- Order any rented equipment needed.
- Call job into union halls (review with Director of Installation if NMA needs to be extended).
- Review manpower with Installation Manager.
- Have Safety Manual set up.
- Track non-conformance.
- Set up Field Trailer (if needed).
- Track work orders.
- Track Installation hours and bulletin hours with site reporting system.
- Print weekly hour summary and percent complete reports for Project Manager's review.
- Fill out or assign someone from his group to fill out validation sheets.
- Assure shippers are correct and enter shipments into work order book.
- Check quality of installation and fabricated components.
- Assure job is being installed safely.
- Complete job on time.
- Review shipping dates on work orders with Project Manager.
- Update Project Manager on any late shipments.
- Track and order all field steel, bolts, and miscellaneous materials.
- Assure return of all company and rented equipment at job’s end.
- Turn in weekly time sheets to payroll.
- Assign crew sizes and work.
- Review any Union disputes and/or questionable job assignments with Director of Installation and Project Manager.
- Other tasks as assigned by President.