Dearborn Mid-West Company, LLC dba Dearborn Contracting Company Taylor, MI
Dearborn Mid-West Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Business Development Specialist - Tooling Division
Position is responsible for business development, sales, and promotion of DCC’s services. Position initiates new customer contacts as well as maintains relationships with current customers to broaden the scope of services offered by DC.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Management or Engineering preferred.
- Ten to Fifteen years progressive responsibility in sales, estimating, engineering, and project management in the tooling industry. Supervisory experience and/or exposure in all areas is preferred.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills (verbal and written). Analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact with all levels of customers, management and employees.
- Strong technical comprehension skills to be able to read, understand and analyze customer bid specifications and drawings.
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual willing to initiate action.
- Ability to initiate and lead conversations regarding business development.
- Ability/willingness to travel extensively, as needed.
- Professional appearance: grooming and dress consistent with the desired corporate image.
- Primary overall function is to develop new business opportunities and maintain existing customer base.
- Develop and implement business strategies that provide market share growth and continuous improvement of project margins.
- Develop and promote company image to ensure acceptance of company services with existing customers and new business.
- Participate in the development of goals, policies and procedures related to sales.
- Develop effective and appropriate sales presentations for the products and services of the company.
- Provide sales reports and forecasts for future business opportunities. Prepare and submit accurate periodic reports on department and project activities.
- Follow up on proposals submitted to customers to ensure DCC’s best opportunity to win contracts and secure profitable business.
- Provide input on new products and services to increase business opportunities.
- Promote the positive corporate brand in all areas of the industry.
- Coordinates and is responsible for the completion and submission of new customer pre-qualification documents.
- Develop and implement new and current website content that supports business development.
- Other tasks as assigned by President.